Next Vascular Ultrasound training course
March 17th, 18th, 2016, Postgraduate Medical Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK.
10 CPD credits - Royal College of Radiologists.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE. Please note the registration process is only complete and a place secured on payment of the appropriate fee.
This course covers the application of duplex, pulsed wave, colour and power Doppler techniques in the investigation of the abdominal, extra and intra-cranial and peripheral vasculature. The emphasis will be on practical hands-on workshops using a range of ultrasound systems and there will opportunity to use a limb phantom for training in ultrasound monitoring of EVLA procedures. Each clinical lecture will cover the following topics: * Normal vasculature and variants * Examination protocols * Currently accepted diagnostic criteria * Case histories * Pitfalls in interpretation. Clinical applications literature will be available to the delegates.
The scientific programme can be downloaded from the DOCUMENTS section.
Topics covered include:
- Haemodynamics and Doppler ultrasound techniques
- Investigating the carotid and vertebral arteries
- Intracranial vasculature using duplex ultrasound and transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- Upper limb vasculature
- Aorta and branches
- Ultrasound monitoring of Haemodialysis
- Lower limb arteries
- Lower limb superficial and deep veins
- Ultrasound imaging in surgical procedures
- Stent and graft surveillance
- Artefacts and errors
To be announced
For further information please contact the Secretariat